Melon, Prosciutto, and Strawberry Salad
- 1 Large Melon, Cantaloupe, Galia or Charentais
- 4 oz Prosciutto or Serrano Ham, thinly sliced
- 8 oz Strawberries
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 4 tsp California Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Mango Balsalmic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened Orange Juice
- 1/2 tsp Finely Grated Orange Zest
Halve the melon and remove the seeds with a spoon. Cut off the rind with a paring knife. Discard the seeds and rind, then slice the melon flesh thickly. Chill until ready to serve.
To make the salsa:
Hull the strawberries and cut them into large dice. Place them in a small mixing bowl with the sugar and crush lightly to release the juices. Add the olive oil, mango balsamic vinegar, orange juice, and orange zest. Season with salt and a generous twist of black pepper.
Arrange the melon on a serving plate, lay the prosciutto on top and serve with a bowl of salsa alongside.